Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Acne Scar Questions! :]  (Read 7160 times)

karvel

Acne Scar Questions! :]
« on: July 09, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
Hi Sarah,

Boy am I glad that I found your site while making the final decision to buy a derma-roller! I was about to grab a Dr. Roller off Amazon. Then my gut told me...do a little more research! Even though I had been doing quite the homework assignment already. The big take away was the way you went about explaining the why's of things and not pushing any product [[I took a tour of the whole site]].

Anyhow, I have acne scars. Some are shallow rolling scars near the jaw and temple. There are some small ice picks on scattered throughout my face and more like pores in size,  but I know they are ice pick scars. The biggest two scars that cause me the most grief and lack of confidence are on my left check. One is a rolling scar but noticeably deeper than the others. And to the left of it is an box car scar that I'm unaware of the length but I can see edges. Not extremely deep, but deep enough. The overall texture of my face could def be improved as well. I also, my a CO2 laser resurfacing done about 10 years ago have hypo-pigmentation. White areas. What would be your best recommendation? I was thinking a 1mm....I don't want to go too extreme as I think my perception is worse than the actual reality of my scars' appearance. I can provide a non makeup photo next time I wash my face if that would help? Thanks soooo very much!!

Warmest Regards,

H

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
I recommend buying a 1 mm dermaroller and the single needles (used for individual deeper scars). This combination should improve the overall skin texture and the single needle will improve even those scars that may resist improvement with a 1 mm dermaroller. You can also use only the 1 mm dermaroller and buy the single needles later if necessary.

You can improve acne or other scars with dermarolling or needling but there is currently no method that can significantly and permanently reduce pore size. Pores are ducts in the skin and their size is in the genes. As we age the pore size increases. Only a few customers reported a mild improvement in pore size. They had acne prone, oily skin.

karvel

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 09:01:34 PM »
Great thanks! And you recommend the Vitamin C after....I do however have a product called Strivectin. Would that work as good? Any other suggestions for overall improvement?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »
Vit. C (ascorbic acid) and Strivectin are not interchangeable. Ascorbic acid is necessary for collagen synthesis. Strivectin is a moisturizing cream and it contains a small amount of vit. C as a preservative but that is not enough.

You should at the very least increase your oral intake of vit. C. Topical application however is the only way to significantly increase the level of vit. C in the skin.

If your scars do not improve even after long-term dermarolling/needling, start applying A-Ret gel into the scar immediately after needling. You can use a toothpick for that.