Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Will Derma Rolling work to fade my scars?  (Read 9858 times)

Jayz

Will Derma Rolling work to fade my scars?
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:56:35 AM »
Hey, I have been pretty depressed about my scars and I am just wondering if my scars shown here https://http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/scars.jpg/ will be treatable with Derma Roller? Some others things I want to ask are, can I apply bio-oil instead of the cream when using with the Derma Roller? Can I use a 1mm Derma roller everyday as long as I use it really gently on my face?

Thanks and please reply ASAP!!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
By "fading my scars" do you mean if dermarolling will help fading the redness of your scars or are your scars also indented and you would like to make them shallower?  It is very difficult to see on your photo whether it is just redness or indented scars.

Jayz

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 02:30:07 AM »
SarahVaughter;2030 wrote: By "fading my scars" do you mean if dermarolling will help fading the redness of your scars or are your scars also indented and you would like to make them shallower?  It is very difficult to see on your photo whether it is just redness or indented scars.

Yes, sorry that is the best quality picture that I could take & yes I do want to ask if dermarolling will help fade the redness of my scars.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 04:15:52 PM »
Your redness looks like acne-related post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Anything that speeds up the turnover of the skin - such as dermarolling - will speed up the diminishing of the hyperpigmentation. I would recommend a 0.5 mm dermaroller used twice a week and Tretinoin (the A-Ret gel) which also speeds up the turnover of the skin. You should be aware that Tretinoin may initially make the skin even redder before it gets better but long term use (every other day) will keep acne in control and fade the redness.  A pea size of Tretinoin is sufficient for a whole face. The more is not the better concerning Tretinoin. If you apply too much, your skin will be dry and irritated.

If inflammation is still present in your face,  mix several drops of water into Aspirin which is an anti-inflammatory (Paracetamol is not Aspirin), apply it on your pigmentation and cover it with plastic foil.

Jayz

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »
By any chance will silicone sheets/creame help reduce the redness of my scars faster and more effectively?

Thanks once again for your helpful advice.

SarahVaughter;2037 wrote: Your redness looks like acne-related post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Anything that speeds up the turnover of the skin - such as dermarolling - will speed up the diminishing of the hyperpigmentation. I would recommend a 0.5 mm dermaroller used twice a week and Tretinoin (the A-Ret gel) which also speeds up the turnover of the skin. You should be aware that Tretinoin may initially make the skin even redder before it gets better but long term use (every other day) will keep acne in control and fade the redness.  A pea size of Tretinoin is sufficient for a whole face. The more is not the better concerning Tretinoin. If you apply too much, your skin will be dry and irritated.

If inflammation is still present in your face,  mix several drops of water into Aspirin which is an anti-inflammatory (Paracetamol is not Aspirin), apply it on your pigmentation and cover it with plastic foil.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
I have heard about silicon sheets being used for hypertrophic scars or to prevent hypertrophic scar formation but I have never heard it would help any kind of pigmentation.