Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Derma roller, number of needles?  (Read 11379 times)

trein91

Derma roller, number of needles?
« on: September 12, 2011, 09:09:33 AM »
Does the number of needle on a derma roller matter, such that more = better? I see some users selling 540 needles, some 192 and some even 70+...

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 03:26:32 PM »
You can read what I think of the one with 540 needles here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/I-found-a-dermaroller-with-540-needles /a>

The number of needles is quite irrelevant, but larger number of needles such as 540 make it impossible to use relatively expensive, "real" needles so rollers that don't use real needles because they want to have a gimmicky 540 "needles" are not recommended.

trein91

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 04:49:09 AM »
Tthanks for the reply. That was really insightful. Good thing I didn't place an order for the 540 needle one, since that number seems abnormally high. (and someone did mention about high piercing/needle density like ones in tattoos that can contribute to further scarring of the skin?).

Do you perhaps, know of any other vendors that sell decent rollers? (I know you might not reply to this but meh) I'm looking for some on ebay. (is it okay to post the seller names or pictures of the roller here?)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 04:57:34 AM »
It is not OK to recommend competing products here, for obvious reasons. This is a forum for us to answer customer's questions, not a general forum.

I spend hours every day answering questions here and by email (because often, I have to do research in medical literature that sometimes even involves purchasing the article because scientific studies are not freely available nowadays any more), so we won't allow competitors advertizing their wares here, whether it is directly ("spam") or indirectly.

However - I can recommend a competing dermaroller: The Dr. Roller brand is really OK. We tested them and there is nothing at all wrong with them. We think they are totally overpriced though.

All other rollers are either not OK, or they are extremely much overpriced. Our roller has by far the best price/quality ratio though.

Again, this forum is intended for me to answer customers' questions. This way, we keep it like a "database with frequently asked questions" instead of the typical forums full of idle chatter, spam etc.

We are that strict because we want people to discuss/promote the tens of thousands of questionable skin creams and miracle lotions somewhere else. This forum is for microneedling only, and for our customers only.

trein91

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:06:17 AM »
Ok then, thought you would say so as well. Could you perhaps waive the $30 fee for other items that you sell? (ie for vitamin c, copper peptide, infadolan etc etc?) It would suck if I still had to pay $30 insurance for what, a $3 item?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:02 AM »
I agree that it sucks and it is extremely frustrating to us as well because we used to have many customers from the Philippines and Malaysia (millions of beautiful women live there that want to be even more beautiful) but especially white powders such as vit. C are often confiscated for no reason in countries with the death penalty on importing narcotics. Really - whatever we send - if often does not arrive to Malaysia, sorry.

And our web store just doesn't allow exceptions. We can add an extra fee for certain countries only - not for individual products.

As soon as the postal system in the EU country we dispatch from offers cheap tracking/insurance, we will waive the 30 dollar surcharge for "problem countries".

ranee13

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »
hI,

How about delivery to Singapore? Is there a problem only with the Vit-C powder or even with the needles and rollers?  Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »
In the shopping cart, there is a field at the bottom where you can estimate the cost of shipping. When a country is in there, we ship to it. Singapore and the Philippines are there and we enabled Malaysia as well.

The minimum postage fee is $15 (much higher than to the US or Europe) because we send every order to some countries tracked by default - based on our long-term experience with a large percentage of delayed packages (we're assuming it's usually customs) or refund requests for non-delivery.