Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Can a dermaroller cause more scars?  (Read 26953 times)

xxjackiex

Can a dermaroller cause more scars?
« on: November 04, 2011, 11:45:49 PM »
What do i put on my skin the next day after dermarolling and putting on infadolan? or should i wait a few days and put some vitamin c on?

also wondering if the dermaroller can cause more scars?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »
It depends where you roll. If you roll your face and long term use of Infadolan protective ointment causes you breaking out, use it only directly after dermarolling and no longer.

If you roll on your body, use it directly after dermarolling and for at least five more days.  If you are single-needling stretch marks, use it for at least ten days.

Apart from other things, Infadolan prevents the evaporation of water from the skin and thus keeps the skin moisturized.  It is important to keep the skin moisturized after dermarolling.

About causing more scars:  In some very rare cases, dermarolling exposes some semi-hidden acne scars that were below your skin and they were not so visible because there was a small layer of skin covering them. But the scar was there. Dermarolling uncovered those hidden scars because the dermaroller exposed the scar underneath.  Some customers reported that their acne-scarred skin actually looked worse after several initial rollings because all those "hidden" scars were exposed. But that was the first step to improve the scars. After that their scars significantly improved with long-term dermarolling.

This also sometimes happens with needling ice pick scars. The scar basically collapses when you crush the hardened collagen and becomes shallower but wider due to the collapsed wall. It is just the first stage of improving it. Ice pick scars were more or less untreatable until dermarolling emerged on the scene and one cannot expect miracles, that it will be very easy to improve them..

Dermarolling results in individuals who used Accutane can be somewhat unpredictable. It seems that the skin of some Accutane users gets thinned and dried out and the healing is "abnormal". This usually lasts only a year or so after Accutane had been discontinued but in some rare cases it tends to last for years.

xxjackiex

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:06:21 PM »
thanks ! i rolled about 5 days ago and didnt know i should of kept putting on the infadolan.. should i put it on after my shower tomorrow to put some more moisture on or wait till my next roll in 4 weeks?

im also wondering what it can do for my stretchmarks on my upper butt/ back they are indented alittle due to rapid weightloss

but some are just white lines.. what can it do for the white lines?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »
Wait with Infadolan until your next roll.

Use the dermaroller that you already have on your stretch marks.

Dermarolling often darkens the color of white stretch marks. Summarized feedback from our customers:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/stretch-marksm/a>

Cedrick

• Forum member
Re: Can a dermaroller cause more scars?
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »

This also sometimes happens with needling ice pick scars. The scar basically collapses when you crush the hardened collagen and becomes shallower but wider due to the collapsed wall. It is just the first stage of improving it. Ice pick scars were more or less untreatable until dermarolling emerged on the scene and one cannot expect miracles, that it will be very easy to improve them..

So far, I think I can attest to this fact. Some relatively larger ice pick scars on my left cheek (particularly those I targeted more accurately with the 2.0mm derma stamp) have appeared to expand, but with a more shallow base. I wish I had before and after pictures to confirm it.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:32:06 AM »
If you continue stamping them, they will slowly fill in. It will take many months.

Vivella

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 06:46:17 AM »
Hi,
I have a question (cry for an answer!) that I thought was relevant to this thread.

About 6 months ago, I used a 1.5mm on my stretch marks on my hips. I also used it on my face between my eyebrows (elevens). There were next to no lines there, but I thought I'd do a roll to prevent future ones developing (I'm turning 30).

Well - massive problem. At the next day, the lines between my eyes, which weren't there before, we're red and noticeable. I thought they'd go away with time, but they haven't, they are still there and red. I am horrified.

I have been sporadically using retin a on it. 0.05 per cent which has done next to nothing.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice as to what to do next because I don't know where to go to resolve this (if it can be resolved). My only thoughts were to bump up to a retin a of 0.1 or try laser.

Also, what do you think caused this. I did do it moderately hard as I thought holes to the skin was what we were after. Is is possible I was too rough with the skin and agitated it, thus the lines show up.
 Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Vivella

Ps. Actually they're not as red anymore, just more like noticeable lines, but still a bit red. Thnx.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »
My honest answer is that I have no idea why this happened.  No, I do not think you did it too roughly.

I have been using the single needle on the wrinkles between my eyebrows ("elevens") with great success (I've never been "Botoxed"). I needle the lines and they stay red for a day or two. The lines are still visible from a close distance but they filled in substantially over the months of regular needling and became much less visible.

If you are our customer, we can send you the single needles for free but I am concerned that in your case it could make the lines go red again for a long time.

You could try the tape method (some of our customers employed it successfully). Stick the tape to the wrinkles and pull the skin up with the tape. Repeat it several times during one session. However, this could also make the lines red for a long time in your case.

You can try applying Tee Tree Oil on the wrinkles and keep it there for an entire night. It has a mild anti-inflammatory effect so it may improve the redness. Start with diluted Tee Tree Oil (dilute it with a little extra virgin olive oil for example).

Did you have any issues with the skin on your hips after dermarolling?