Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Old leg scar/ will dermarolling help?  (Read 8485 times)

lab

Old leg scar/ will dermarolling help?
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Hi Sarah,

the scar in the pic is from the summer of 2010, it was caused from a skin infection which wasn't treated in the early stages & so infection spread. Can any method of needling show some improvement?

Attached files    

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »
Your scar is an excellent target for dermarolling, provided the infection is gone and the tissue is not painful to the touch. I suggest you use a 1.5 mm dermastamp on your scar every 3-4 weeks. Stamp the scar itself and stamp slightly over the borders of the scar as well.

In your case, it would be a good idea applying the A-Ret gel immediately after stamping.  You do not need any other products but keep the scar moisturized for many days after stamping.

Just out of curiosity, what caused your skin infection?  Did you injure your skin and the injury got infected?

lab

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 03:06:57 AM »
This is great news! When do you think I can start to see improvement? Do I just apply the retin-a after stamping?

Do I keep appying it? For how long?

The scar was caused by an ingrown hair which I picked I didn't clean the wound, it got infected, the infection spread.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
Yes, apply the A-Ret right after stamping (it will probably sting) and keep reapplying it every second or third day.

You have to be patient to see results. It can take two months or much more. Do not give up.

lab

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »
What can I do before starting my dermastamp session as pre-care?

Thanks so much for your help

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »
The same as dermarolling pre-care, and recommendations for that are in our instructions here:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf