Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Makeup after dermarolling  (Read 8458 times)

Rachael5

Makeup after dermarolling
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:45:27 AM »
I'm going to dermaroll my face with 1.5 needles and was wondering how long should I wait to put on makeup?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 10:31:39 AM »
Wait at least one day.

If you roll on Saturday, you can apply makeup on Monday morning provided the skin is not "raw" - meaning that it is not very red, swollen etc. In most cases, the redness after dermarolling with a 1.5 mm roller subsides within several hours. Keep the rolled skin moisturized.

Tappsy

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »
After my treatments with derma rollers done by a dermatologist I was recommend to  use Jane Iredale mineral powder after a treatment because it has a healing effect on the skin. I've used this to both of my treatments and my skin has reacted well to it. I should even sleep with it, although I most of all want to cleanse my skin and use a cream because my skin felt very dry. She used 1.0 mm to my skin.

- Just for information - because I do not go outside the door without my make-up :-)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:25:36 AM »
No powders should be applied right after dermarolling because they dry out the skin and it is important to keep the skin moisturized.

The base of your mineral powder is: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 3%.

These are actually physical sun-blocks that protect you from sun damage. However, it is better to apply a sunscreen (nowadays almost all sunscreens contain Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide).

Other ingredients of the powder:

Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Pine Bark Extract, Pomegranate Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.

Some these ingredients could interfere with the collagen regeneration process so they should not be applied to freshly dermarolled skin.

Chromium Oxide green specifically can cause skin irritation:

https://http://www.naturalpigments.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=427-15S

If you don't want to go outside without make-up then apply it but there is absolutely no reason to leave it on overnight.