Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 14 month update - skin keeps getting better  (Read 28262 times)

Anna

14 month update - skin keeps getting better
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:32 AM »
It's been a little over a year since I started Dermarolling, and I only did it about maybe 6 times and my skin is continuously getting better. From when I first started back in dec 2011 to now I would say there is a 75% improvement in the smoothness of my skin texture. I used a 1.5 mm roller on my pitted scars and all I can say is that it works. Thanks you so much Sarah for all of your guidance and help throughout the process <3 :D

Anna

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »
Oops had to correct the date there it was in December of 2010 that I started Dermarolling

Luchitas

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:26:24 AM »
Thanks that is encouraging!

Lisa

Val

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »
Thanks for posting, Anna; I just started rolling last week and it's great to hear from people who've had good results. :-)

soon

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »
That's fantastic news Anna.

I also started around the same time (I do it every month along with needeling)

My results are above what I thought possible.

My 11's are just pale lines.... not wrinkles.

I'm now working on my hypertrophic burn scars. I'm taking photos this time because of my facial results.

Good luck to all Newbies. It's truly worth the effort :)

Cheers

Soon

Luchitas

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 10:17:59 PM »
Soon,

Did you use single needling or just a dermaroller on your 11s?

Lisa

soon

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 02:50:33 AM »
Hi Lisa,

I started with just dermarolling but last 6 months-ish I combine it with single needeling.

I roll with 1 & 1.5 alternatively (no reason really, just do it that way)

I also added "suctioning" with medical grade tape, (There's a thread on it)

I have/had one deep pitted acne scar that now has filled in by half. Single needeling did that :)

I needle most lines & scars. I look like a cats punching bag & for 3 ish I  don't go out (explaining dots annoying)

The only area it hasn't worked as well has been a long forehead line. It's improved but not at the rate of others.

Best wishes with it all

Soon

Luchitas

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »
Thanks Soon!!!

Lisa

Luchitas

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »
Soon,  

What  is the difference between suctioning wiht medical tape and suctioning with say, a microderm machine?  Did you research different ways to suction before you chose medical tape technique?  Also, when you single needle your 11s do you go straight into the wrinkle or do you needle on an angle?

Lisa

soon

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 12:20:11 PM »
Hi Lisa :)

I did some research before I settled on tape. I purchased small suction cups & a pore cleanser.

The pore cleaner didn't have enough suction and cupping left me with bruised dots. So tape worn while I sleep is the best choice for me as suggested in thread.

Im having good results, so investing in a micro dermabrasion machine isn't necessary but that is what they used in the article.  Sarah would know best about this method but I'd say if u have one go for it.

I single every thing on an angles. The dermaroller does the straight lines ;)  

Look up comments by FINELY she's having great results also. She uses saline injections with this method but from memory no suction. I keep uming & areing about doing it myself. But just start gentle, follow Sarah's advise & judge what to do from your skins reactions post treatment.

All the best

Soon

Luchitas

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
Thanks again, Soon!!!!

Lisa

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:12:54 AM »
Hi Anna,

I forgot to thank you for your effort of posting your updates. Everybody here appreciates it. It is great your skin has been improving!

Thank you Soon  for your effort as well!

Kat

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »
The Suctioning/taping sounds promising but I can find the thread discussing it...could someone please post a link to it? I'm interesting in the taping and am curious as to how taping can cause a similar effect as Suctioning. Thanks in advance :)

Kat

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
Thank you Sarah. The information you provide sounds promising :)

I'm interested in the suctioning because there was mention of it producing faster results, though I'm not sure if the method can work in conjunction with my method, which is stamping (no single needles...the scars aren't large).

I'm wondering if tape can be applied after a regular derma stamping session or if more aggressive single needling must be done in order for there to be any effect? And also, how can tape be used? Is it just applied to the scar immediately afterwards, and if so, for how long? How can tape replace a suction cup, and does it need to be applied a certain way?

Sorry if these questions have been covered elsewhere...I wasn't able to find anything on taping other than that it can be used as a replacement for suction cups. Thanks for your patience :)