Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Lifting the dermaroller  (Read 7654 times)

cris

• Forum member
Lifting the dermaroller
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:07 AM »
I just received my dermaroller and I went over the instructions, but I'm a bit confused about this:

Lift the dermaroller slightly after each forward movement (“roll”). This ensures that

you will not hit the same prick channel.

I thought you simply roll back and forth, or do I have to roll once forward and then lift it to roll backward over the same area?  

Thanks for the clarification.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Lifting the dermaroller
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »
Yes, to avoid that you'll roll almost in the exact same prick channels - which would create thousands of micro-cuts instead of micro-holes, you lift the roller after the end of each forward movement and put it down again.

Because the roller and the skin is like a train on a track.

At all times, during a rolling movement, are several needles in the skin, meaning the roller is tightly anchored to the skin, quite accurately following a "track".

You can try it on a piece of paper on top of a camping mat.

You'll see that you'll almost exactly re-do the same pricks when you don't lift the roller after a rolling movement and move the roller back where it came from.

If you lift and reposition after each roll, the holes will be much more evenly spread and the risk of creating larger holes than would be optimal for the skin is greatly diminished.

I think we are the only ones with this advice, but I really think this is the preferrable method, albeit a bit cumbersome.

Then again, you won't be rolling very often with long needles - better do it the absolute best way.

xxjackiex

Lifting the dermaroller
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
for the dermaroller 1.5 do i have to lift it also? i have been just rolling back and forth

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Lifting the dermaroller
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
Especially for the longer needle lengths, yes.

But it's not the end of the world if you haven't done that. It's just that we think that it's better to do it that way.

xxjackiex

Lifting the dermaroller
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
okay thanks :)

i thought i was supose to roll back and forth in various directions like a star pattern.. will be kind of tricky to lift after each roll to roll again

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Lifting the dermaroller
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
Well, if you keep changing directions (like a spirograph) then lifting won't be necessary. It's just that going in the exact opposite direction is not recommended without lifting first.

But constantly changing direction may cause tearing so how we recommend it in the instructions is probably the best way.