Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Acne Scar Advice  (Read 10006 times)

Ben

• Forum member
Acne Scar Advice
« on: March 18, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
First of all i just wanted to say thanks for all the advice on your website.

I'm male, 23 years old and have suffered with acne since about the age of 16.

Since i have started living a healthier lifestyle my acne is alot milder but i still get the occasional few spots. My main concern however is the scarring that has been a result of this

I'm curious to know which type of scarring i have (pics attached) and what treatment you would recommend to help get rid of my scars?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Attached files  

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Acne Scar Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:07:37 PM »
You seem to have quite thick skin and deep scars. In your case I would recommend:

- 2 mm dermastamp (stamp the scars every month. You do not have to insert the full length of the needles into the skin or at least not in your first session. Some pinpoint bleeding is expected). You do not have to stamp all your scars in one session. When you have time, stamp the scars on one cheek and some days later or when you have time, stamp the other cheek.

Be patient, it will take some time to see results. When the dermastamp gets blunt, replace it.

- The single needles - you seem to have several ice pick scars and the single needles are the only tool that can effectively get into them. The wall of the ice pick scar may collapse after needling and this will make the scar wider but shallower. There is no other way to improve this type of scars than collapsing its walls and start from there. Further needling will slowly fill in the scar or at least partially fill it in. First needle the scar with the single needle and immediately after, stamp it with the 2 mm dermastamp.

- 0.5 mm dermaroller (roll the whole face three times a week). This should diminish the red spots on your cheeks. The A-Ret helps with post acne red spots as well.

Ben

• Forum member
Acne Scar Advice
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:22:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sarah, its much appreciated.

I’m going to go ahead and order the products you mentioned from you tonight.

Sorry just two more questions though…How often do you think I should use the single needles?

And in regards to the A-Ret cream which percentage would you recommend?

Thanks

Ben

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Acne Scar Advice
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
Your skin looks tough so it can probably handle the 0.05 %.

If the skin becomes too red and irritated, reduce the frequency of application. A pea size blob of the cream is enough for the entire face. The more is not the better concerning Tretinoin.

Needle the scars whenever you have time (without the dermastamp afterwards) but always needle a different scar.

In addition, once a month, needle the deepest of your scars (ice pick) and use the 2 mm dermastamp on them immediately after.

Let us know how it goes.

Ben

• Forum member
Acne Scar Advice
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
Hi Sarah just wanted to say thanks I received my order today, i'll be sure to keep you updated with my progress.