Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Mature skin suggestion  (Read 7021 times)

gracek

Mature skin suggestion
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Hi Sarah and everyone else! I am a newbie here and  scared about the needling but I think it is what I should try if I want to get rid of older scars.  I am worried my skin might be more sensitive and maybe scar more easily even from needling. Is that a possibility or concern with middle age healthy skin?   I have scattered brown sun damage, larger pores and scattered shallow acne scars. I know some of you have seen results with the larger pores and some not. Also some of the holes I see could be outstretched pores that I messed up from extractions that became larger pore-shaped scars. Perhaps a version of an icepick scar. Is that possible?  

I was looking at your suggestions for others and I guess a shallow roller for overall and a stamp or single needle is what I need. I have a Leaf and Rusher roller I got long ago. I know you can't suggest any roller you are not familiar with but the length of the needles are only .13. Would that be too short to make any improvement at all to the surface? I like the idea of the single needle but the length of them scares me and I worry that I may cause more scarring if I am afraid to go deep enough. Does the single needle go deeper than the stamp? I do like the fact that I can do just a tiny spot. I don't want to have large noticeable red marks on my face.

Also to see results on brown spots and scars do most people have to use acids and Vit C? I have become very sensitive to both. The only C I seem to be able to use is the lipid soluble one. Is that ok? Do you think Copper Peptides plus needling might be a better option particularly for the larger areas of sun damage?

I  think I have more bumps under my skin these days than I had when younger. I get these milia type bumps, especially along the sides of my face where my long hair touches. I also have a few on the front of my cheeks too though. Do you think derma roller can help with these?

Thanks in advance.

Grace

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Mature skin suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:49:03 PM »
For the time being, buy just a 1.5 mm dermastamp and use it on your acne scars. A dermastamp is easier to use than a dermaroller and you will see how your skin reacts to microneedling. You do not have to insert the full length of the dermastamp needles into the skin. From our experience, mature skin does not react differently to dermarolling. Mature skin may be a little thinner.

In your first session, stamp just one scar to try.

Use your 0.13 mm dermaroller to get your skin used to rolling and if everything goes well, buy a 0.5 or a 1 mm roller ilater to benefit overall skin texture, sun damage and pigmentation.

You do not have to use acids.

Dermarolling can help with "bumps" but if they are real milia, you have to extract them.

Milia consist of keratin - the skin's hardest protein that makes the outer skin layer so tough. Hooves and nails are also made of keratin.

You can pierce a milium with the single needle (start with making one or two pricks into it - it should be enough) and extracting the entrapped keratin by very gently pushing it out with two paperclips.

gracek

Mature skin suggestion
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
Great suggestions. Thanks. Will the stamp leave a larger red mark (in diameter?). How deep do you have to push a single needle in for scars? If you look at the photo of your new needles, should you push it in all the way until you reach the non-needle part? I have used needles before for Milia and I can deal with that but I am sure for scars you have do go lots deeper, right?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Mature skin suggestion
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:14:36 PM »
The red marks will quickly disappear.

No, you should not push it all the way in. Go to the depth of pinpoint bleeding. The depth of pinpoint bleeding is not the same for everybody.