Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Remaining scar/skin tissue from my Bellybutton piercing  (Read 9220 times)

migi

Remaining scar/skin tissue from my Bellybutton piercing
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:34:39 AM »
Hello,

I´m very desperated about my belly button at the moment. I used to have a belly button piercing for a long time. Unfortunately, the piercing hole wandered more and more to the top and the skin got very thin (see picture). I´m pregnant right now and took off the piercing in order to avoid any problems. Besides that the piercing was only hanging on a thin skin flap at the end.

The holes have grown closed but it looks now very terrible. I was wondering if the Dermaroller could help in my case and if which one I should use?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Here is a picture:

Greetings from Italy,

Migi

Attached files

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
Unfortunately, the holes from the piercing spread out so much that there is some kind of "bridge" of skin above your normal skin.  The "bridge" has to be surgically removed (a dermaroller cannot remove it).

The skin under the "bridge" seems to have an atrophied scar. You can use a 1.5 mm dermastamp on it. The dermastamp will also improve the scars left from the removal of that excessive skin.

You can try the dermastamp on it without the surgical removal of the excessive skin but I really do not think it will help because it is not really a hypertrophic scar; your body formed there a whole new "skin construction".

So surgical removal is the way to go, and then treat that scar with dermaneedling techniques.

migi

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:46:39 PM »
Dear Sarah,

thank you so much for your helpful answer! :-)

Many greetings,

Migi