Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: How long to expect .5 mm to last?  (Read 5889 times)

Kat

How long to expect .5 mm to last?
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
In the instructions it states that the 1.5 mm will last (on average) about 6 months, so 6-8 sessions when you consider how often rolling at that length can be done. Based on this, I assume (but could be wrong) that the .5 mm will last the same number of sessions, so it would need to be replaced roughly every month if used twice per week (?). This is a bit too frequent for my preferences, so I wonder, will the current once-per week rolling that I'm doing produce the same results? Sorry if these questions are a bit silly...

Mooge

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
How are you posting a new thread.

This site seems broken...

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:34:06 AM »
@Mooge, there should be a blue icon at the top left of the main forum page which allows you to post a new thread. For a couple of weeks, new threads and posts were temporarily disabled so that Sarah could catch up with emails, etc., but it looks to be fully up & running again ;) if there's still an issue from your end it's likely best to contact Sarah directly. Hope this helps ~

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
We based our rough estimation on the "worst-case" scenario: That you roll very extensive areas in one session. For example, hyperpigmentation on the décolleté plus stretch marks on the abdomen, hips and inner thighs in one session.

How long a dermaroller stays sharp depends on how large skin areas you roll and how tough your skin is. You should also avoid boiling water on the needles (that can blunt the needles).

A short-needled dermaroller doesn't have to be as sharp as a long-needled one because it does not have to penetrate very deep.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:16:28 AM »
That's good news - thanks again for your feedback!