Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Best routine for young skin  (Read 8350 times)

ana

Best routine for young skin
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm not clear on how often I can dermaroll, seing as how I'm 28 and I don't want to cause too much inflammation to my relatively young skin.

1. How often can I dermaroll my neck and decolette area and which needle length should I use?

2. How often can I dermaroll the area under my eyes and which needle length? (I do have some wrinkles there already that bother me)

3. Also, if I don't use the numbing cream, wouldn't using the dermaroller directly on dry skin just sort of "scratch" it?

Thank you in advance, I will report on my progress!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
What is your goal with your neck and décolleté? Do you have sun damage or hyperpigmentation there or you just want to roll preventatively?

After you disinfect the skin before dermarolling, you can apply a little cream on the skin but preferably a cream from a tube and not from a jar because creams in tubes do not get contaminated from your hands.

You should carefully clean the roller after dermarolling with water and some dishwashing liquid to remove skin- or cream residues.

ana

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »
Thank you Sarah, you are very kind to help. Around my eyes, my aim is to make my wrinkles less visible and prevent new ones, while dermarolling the neck and the decolette would be mostly for prevention (I never sunbathe, I have very fair sensitive skin). So which size dermaroller should I use for the eye area, the neck & decolette? I bought the 0.5, 1 and 1.5 mm ones. Thank you again

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »
You bought more rollers than you need but never mind, you can eventually use them all.

I would start with a 0.5 mm roller around the eyes (twice a week) and with a 1 mm roller on your neck and décolleté (every 10-14 days). If you get no results around your eyes with a 0.5 mm in 6 months, use the 1 mm roller. You must keep the area around your eyes very much moisturized.

Later, you can also use the 1.5 mm, especially on your décolleté or aging forearm skin etc.

I have managed to almost completely get rid of the wrinkles between my eyebrows (11's) and around my mouth with dermarolling/needling but not of the crows feet. Somehow those wrinkles did not respond to dermarolling in my case.

ana

Re: Best routine for young skin
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I was just wondering how I should prep my skin (I'm 28) for dermarolling. I'm already showing signs of aging (some very fine lines around the eyes and on the forehead, but mostly enlarged pores and bad skin texture). I read the instructions and somewhere on the forum I saw that it is recommended to alternate between Vit C and Ret A during 3 weeks to prepare the skin for dermarolling. Does the same apply for (relatively) young skin? Thank you in advance.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Best routine for young skin
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 05:31:24 PM »
It does apply, especially if your skin is sun damaged. Dermarolling works even without any preparation. The preparation is supposed to establish favorable conditions in the skin for collagen production.

Concerning the enlarged pores:

Many of our customers improved their acne scars with dermarolling/stamping but not many were successful in reducing the pore size. Pores are not scars, pores are ducts in the skin and there is currently no method that can reliably and permanently reduce them. Dermarolling however often helped normalize acne prone skin and post-acne pigmentations.