Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Sarah, Dermastamp Advice Please?  (Read 11350 times)

Swan

• Forum member
Sarah, Dermastamp Advice Please?
« on: May 26, 2012, 02:08:11 AM »
Hi Sarah

I love your dermarolling products, but was wondering if you may

have any dermastamps in the range of 0.5 - 1mm  that you would consider selling on your site???

I would like to start off more gently (rather than going straight to the 1.5mm dermastamp), and esp for ppl who have sensitive skin, was thinking that

starting with a 0.5mm, and then if skin reacts ok, graduating later to a longer dermastamp.

Thanks so much,

Swan

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »
We do not sell a 0.5 mm dermastamp at the moment. The main purpose of a dermastamp is to treat scars and for that, long needles are always needed.Nevertheless, you do not have to insert the full length of the needles into the skin when you use a 1.5 mm dermastamp. It depends on you how deeply you insert it.

We will soon sell shorter-needled dermastamps.

We also get many requests for a large dermastamp with more than 35 needles. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the so called "fakir effect": The more needles a microneedling tool has, the more difficult it is to penetrate the skin. The skin is a very tough surface to penetrate. Inserting one needle is easy, inserting 35 needles simultaneously is much harder and inserting 100 needles in one go will be very hard, and difficult to achieve deep penetration.

LiquidOcelot

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:21:10 AM »
Swan;3606 wrote: Hi Sarah

I love your dermarolling products, but was wondering if you may

have any dermastamps in the range of 0.5 - 1mm  that you would consider selling on your site???

I would like to start off more gently (rather than going straight to the 1.5mm dermastamp), and esp for ppl who have sensitive skin, was thinking that

starting with a 0.5mm, and then if skin reacts ok, graduating later to a longer dermastamp.

Thanks so much,

Swan

Swan I tried to PM you but there doesn't seem to be an option for that.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 06:41:24 AM »
The PM function is diabled, to prevent that spammers sign up and spam all members here.

If you have a question for me, you can either post it here or email me.

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
Swan,  I have the 1.5 dermastamp and it doesn't hurt at all. I was really surprised because the 1.5 dermaroller is pretty painful to use. I braced myself for the pain the first time I used the stamp and was extremely pleasantly surprised when there was no pain at all. I don't know why that is, maybe because the needles go in vertically and there is no rolling involved that can stretch and tear the skin. At any rate just wanted to let you know that there is no reason to be afraid of using the 1.5 stamp. It is very mild really. Not like the roller at all.

Swan

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:44 AM »
Thanks so much cj123.

Because I have sensitive skin, I am looking forward to using sarahs smaller needle dermastamps, when they come out.

Are you using the dermastamp for acne scars???

My main reason for using the dermastamp, as compared to the dermaroller is to avoid getting the dreaded trackmarks, that I have heard some users can get.

Do u think its because they pressed too hard with the dermaroller?

Cant find much on the net, of trackmarks using a dermastamp, as compared to a dermaroller

Thanks again, for your kind post.

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »
Swan;3653 wrote: Thanks so much cj123.

Because I have sensitive skin, I am looking forward to using sarahs smaller needle dermastamps, when they come out.

Are you using the dermastamp for acne scars???

My main reason for using the dermastamp, as compared to the dermaroller is to avoid getting the dreaded trackmarks, that I have heard some users can get.

Do u think its because they pressed too hard with the dermaroller?

Cant find much on the net, of trackmarks using a dermastamp, as compared to a dermaroller

Thanks again, for your kind post.

You're welcome :)

Yes I'm using the dermastamp for acne scars. I also use it under my eyes to induce more collagen in the skin. I've even used it on the back of my elbows right by the  bone to thicken the skin there. And that skin is VERY sensitive and I was able to stamp away without a problem. Even contemplating doing this with the dermaroller sends me running the other way.

The dermaroller sometimes leaves a few track marks. Most of the time I don't get any. Not sure why. But the good news is that the track marks ( which really only look like little purple or red dots) only last a very short time before they go away. On me this is usually the next day or so. It's really not that bad since the dots only stay for a short time. And really, what is so bad about a few trackmarks for a few days compared to having to live with acne scars for years?

Swan

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
Thank you cj123. You're really kind to help out :)

What I was afraid is the dermastamp leaving indents from the needles (that don't heal up), not so muchjust  the purple or red dots. So was concnerned  that it could possibly cause more scars, bcoz my skin is quite sensitive

But in saying that, when i get a really bad breakout (I am talking like cysts, even the worst ones that can last almost 2months) it rarely ever leaves an indent. It does leave some colour behind. Like a purple colour, but it always fades to nothing within a coupla

months.

I must get over my fear. I see a few lines on my forehead starting, but mostly what concerns me is most of my scarring is on my forehead, and i thought because the skin is so thin there, harder to heal up

Now also I have to mention, I was on Accutane a long long time ago (we r talking like 20 years ago now) and my skin is ALMOST back to normal, but the sensitivity is still there, but not tothe same extent.

With supplements, such as zinc and vit c and msm, i know my skin heals up very well.

My skin is not oily like it use to be, and that is also due to the accutane drying up the oil glands, but it has enough oil.

One of the posters here mentioned that dermastamping changed the actual structure and balance of his skin, and in a very good way. this i was amazed. he suffered with dermatitis and terrible

effects from a chemical peel, and his skin has tolerated and thrived with dermastamping.

thank you ever so much for the encouragement. I need it, andit has certainly helped me alot, so i thank you for taking the time to help a stranger :)

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »
You're very welcome Swan :)