Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: hyperpigmentation and scars  (Read 6868 times)

debbie111

hyperpigmentation and scars
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
Please help,

I wanted to know what I needed to purchase, a dermastamp or a dermaroller and what size should I purchase?  (As well, can you explain what the difference is between the dermastamp vs the dermaroller of the same size?  From what I read it seems that the dermastamp is less painful, and necessary if scars are localized)  I have acne scars mostly in my cheek area, and hyperpigmentation all over my face.  I have already purchased a 0.5mm dermaroller which I am currently using 2-3/week.  

thank you!

Attached files

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
hyperpigmentation and scars
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »
In case of acne scars and post-acne hyperpigmentation and acne spots, a combination of a 0.5 mm dermaroller (for pigmentation) and a 1.5 mm dermastamp (for acne scars) is the best.

A dermastamp is a more targeted treatment, as it can easily achieve a high-density pricking of individual scars - but it is much more laborious.

The reason why a dermaroller is perceived as more painful is because it makes many more pricks per unit of time than a dermastamp does.

For example, during one second, you insert the dermastamp (that has 35 needles) in and out the skin only once - this is 35 pricks in the skin per second. A dermaroller is rolled approximately once around its axis during one second - which means 180 pricks per second.

180 compared to 35 pricks a second is a big difference in pain level.