Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Needles not piercing skin?  (Read 5689 times)

questionable

Needles not piercing skin?
« on: June 06, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
So, I heard the good news about micro needling, and figured I could finally get rid of the acne scars I've had for the last decade. However, I feel like my first roll didn't work properly. Specifically, it feels as though the needles didn't actually pierce my skin. At t first I thought I wasn't pressing hard enough, so I put on a bit more pressure. Try as I might, I still never heard that popping sound, I didn't see any pinpricks, and I didn't get little droplets of blood on my face. By the time I finished, I my face did sting a bit, but I didn't feel real pain and my face was not red. I went to bed and my face was fine when I woke up. I know some people don't feel it's painful at all, but is my experience normal? I do have thicker skin, so I don't know if that is considered normal.

My roller was a 192, 1.0 needle roller. I've only done this once so far, and I'll keep trying, but the fact that I don't feel anything is making me worry that I'm not applying the roller correctly.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Needles not piercing skin?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:08:23 AM »
You may have very thick skin, however the needles should still penetrate. Not everybody gets pinpoint bleeding, especially not with this size.

Please try the roller on the skin on the back of your forearms and see if it gets red. Let us know. Did you buy the roller from us?