Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: First time dermarolling - what to buy?  (Read 9160 times)

lemonpop

First time dermarolling - what to buy?
« on: June 12, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
hello Everybody,

I'm new person on this forum and english is not my first language so please forgive me any mistakes.

I'd like to start rolling my stretch marks-some new some old on my stomach and arms inside.

I'm ready to to shopping in shop on this website but I don't know what to buy-I know I want dermaroller and single needling.

Please tell me what creams and other stuff I need and how often to used and when.

Thank you

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »
1.5mm (no less) roller, vitamin C, single needles  and Infadolan.

Just started out myself, good luck!! :)

lemonpop

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »
thank you purple butterfly but how often do it?

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
Rolling, I'd say once every 5-6 weeks (Got to give your skin time to heal etc.)

Single needles, prick each mark once a month ~ You can do say arms one week and wherever else another week.

Vit C and Infadolan ~ I personally use twice a week. (Don't apply both on the same day though, and don't apply vit C after rolling, it'll probably hurt quite a bit.)

lemonpop

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
thank you for respond. but after every rolling straigh away should I use infadolan and next day vit c? and how many times should i apply vit c and infadolan daily?

is it safe use numb cream for every rolling?

thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
The most effective for stretch marks is the combination of a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller + the single needles + Tretinoin cream:

Please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

Do not use the single needles on your inner arms. From our experience, the skin is too thin there and you'll get bruises.  Use only the roller there.

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 04:16:21 AM »
Oh thanks for saying Sarah,  that was one place I was going to single needle.

lemonpop

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »
can I use numb cream for every rolling? and can it be any numb cream? thanks

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 03:59:04 AM »
I think so, just wash it off before you roll (it's an anesthetic I think...)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »
You can use any numbing cream that is sold OTC (do not use a liquid numbing agent because it doesn't get absorbed by intact skin, buy a cream) but do not use it on extensive areas during one session. For example, do not apply it all over you stomach + all over your butt in one session.  You can use it again the day after.  If you have very extensive areas to roll and you want to use a numbing cream on all of them, spread it out to several days. Wipe the numbing cream off before you roll.

There is usually no need for a numbing cream when you roll for stretch marks. It is painful but it is bearable. You get used to it.

I can roll anywhere on my body or face without a numbing cream with the exception of the above the lip area and I am not particularly tough person when it comes to pain.