Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Help with stitched scars and light scars on arms  (Read 6178 times)

rio2011

Help with stitched scars and light scars on arms
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »
Hi,

I've found this site very informative. Unfortunately, I was in a car accident about 8 years ago which left me with scarring on my arms as I tried to defend myself from broken glass. Some are light and one is deep (needed stitches). I am very embarassed about this as I am a therapist and it looks like self harming and I am aware of clients staring at me (not good!). I am certainly not unsympathetic to this illness, but I am very conscious of these scars. Is there anything I can do? As I am self employed, money is a bit of an issue. Please help. :( :-[

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Help with stitched scars and light scars on arms
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »
Are your scars on the inside of your forearms or on the top of your forearms or elsewhere?

Are they raised or indented? What is their color?

rio2011

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:07:05 PM »
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The scars are on the upper/outside forearm and top of forearm. They are white and are not raised. I would also like to treat lines around my lips (not too many, but age is catching up with me). I look after my skin but can't find any treatment for scars or lip lines. Any information would be invaluable. I'm so glad I found this site.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Angela

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
You are lucky because all your problems (scars and lip wrinkles) can be addressed by the same tool and that is a 1,5 mm dermastamp.

Stamp the scars and immediately apply a 0.1 % Tretinoin cream (we sell it).  There is currently no method that can completely remove a scar (unless the scar is very shallow). A deep scar can only be softened and make less visible.

For the wrinkles around the lips, you may need a numbing cream (we also sell it). I can roll or stamp my whole face without a numbing cream, with the exception of the area around the lips.