Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Question about what size needle and dermaroller/stamp  (Read 5605 times)

unknown321

Question about what size needle and dermaroller/stamp
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:54:04 AM »
Hi,
I am wondering which type of dermal needling device would be best suited to me.
I have attached pictures of my type of acne scars, I also have a cigarette burn mark that I am wanting to treat if possible and some fine lines, prime area for treatment is these acne marks however. Based on these photos please recommend, which device and which gauge needles also should I take vitamins if so what type? I am currently using retrieve cream (tretinoin) for some post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne.

Thanks for your time  :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:32:26 AM by unknown321 »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Question about what size needle and dermaroller/stamp
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:50:50 AM »
It is not easy to see on the photos but you appear to have some enlarged pores and some scars.

You can try a 0.2 mm regular dermaroller for the overall skin texture and a 1 mm dermastamp for scars. Dermarolling is very effective for scars but unfortunately not very effective for pores. Pores are ducts in the skin and there is currently no method that can reliably and permanently reduce their size. Very few of our customers managed to reduce pore size with dermarolling.