Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: TCA Cross and Dermarolling/Dermastamping  (Read 8108 times)

bobbyfisher

TCA Cross and Dermarolling/Dermastamping
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am new here, and doing a lot of research on different methods for reducing/flattening the appearance of acne scars. I realized I have quite a few deep acne scars on the sides of my face with the left side being the worst. I have looked into surgery for them but the downtime, costs and risks really have turned me off to the thought of it. I have heard of many horror stories from people who trusted their skin to a doctor and the results were worse than when they went in. I realize there is no short term solution for this and through various searches online, i came across methods such as tca cross and dermarolling/stamping.

Im wondering is there a way to use both Cross and Dermarolling/Stamping in conjunction that will produce optimal results for deep ice pick scars and other acne induced scarring? Does anyone on this board have experience with using both methods? What were the results, long term, and short term?I understand there is a bit of downtime with Cross, as well as dermarolling/stamping but far less than having your skin lasered the thought of gauging my own results on my scars and the improvement/feedback of doing it at home in my own privacy rather than forking over thousands of dollars to a doctor that is solely out for financial interests rather than improvement of my face.

Sooner or later, I will begin the process of improving my face when I get the right information and tools, i just need some practical guidance on what I should start first (tca cross than dermarolling/stamping?) As i said before my scars are situated on my cheeks, and temple, a couple underneath my right eye; also some fine lines have appeared on the corners of my mouth due to age.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: TCA Cross and Dermarolling/Dermastamping
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
I do not think it is a good idea to combine TCA and microneedling on the same scars, at least not in less than four months from each other. The TCA method is used for ice pick scars and it is supposed to disrupt the scar tissue and trigger collagen. Microneedling is doing the same (and can be used on any type of acne scars).

Scars are a difficult problem and what works for one person, doesn't necessarily work the other so you use a dermastamp on one side of your face and the TCA cross on the other to see what works better for you. If they both work, you can combine them but as I said, keep a very long time between those two.

Initially, perform the TCA cross on one scar only to see how the scar reacts (will it not get worse?) but be patient. It can take a long time for the results to show and the same is valid for microneedling.

I suggest a 1.5 mm dermastamp (with 35 needles). Stamp the scars every 3-4 weeks.

You can use the dermastamp on your mouth lines as well.