Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: hypotropic scars after breast lift  (Read 11759 times)

kyrakitty

hypotropic scars after breast lift
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »
10 year old Implants made me sick and I had them removed.  The doctor did a breast life and the scars are a result of the breast lift.  I believe the scars I was left with was due to me being so sick... because at the time my body did not have any resources left to heal itself as there was so much going wrong due to the implants.

Even though I have dark skin scaring was never a problem for me until I got sick, never had problems with keloids or hyportropic scars.  Today, 2 years later, I am fully recovered now and these scars have been healing for 2years and 2 months.  The scars have continued to improve in these two years and even faded some and even softened up some with just massage.  They used to be a lot worse.

I have a 1.5 mm derma stamp, 1.5 MM roller and .5 mm roller.  My 2 goals are First to see if I can break up any thick areas I feel in the scars (specifically in the inframammary fold/crease area) because the scar texture shows through in some t-shirts.  Secondly I want to get rid of the redness and brown hyperpigmentation I still have 2 years later.  The scar is not sore so I don't understand why it is still somewhat red.  I understand the brown hyperpigmentation but not the red.

At any rate I was thinking of using the .5 mm roller 2 times a week for hyperpigmentation and redness with the retrides and infadolan as after care and then once per month the derma stamp with retrides and infadolan to break up the thickness.  I also apply vitamin C serum that I made per the instructions in your manual.  I have copper peptides to I can apply if you think I should do this.

I was wondering if you think this is the most optimal use of the equipment and time or would there be a more optimal plan you might suggest.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: hypotropic scars after breast lift
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:24:52 PM »
I think you can successfully soften the scars with microneedling. The scars will never completely disappear but they will become less visible and much better in texture.

You can read here how microneedling works on scars:

https://http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/how-dermarolling-works/

Stamp the scars every four weeks with the 1.5 mm dermastamp. You do not have to stamp all scars in one session. You can spread it out to several sessions but stamp thoroughly. At your first session, do not stamp densely, do just a small part of a scar and do it lightly to see how the skin heals. It may stay red for a long time but that is OK.

Yes, roll the scars twice  a week with your 0.5 mm dermaroller.

You should also use 0.1% Tretinoin cream and apply it on your scars right after stamping. Wait about five minutes and apply a little Infadolan on top of the Tretinoin.

Apply Tretinoin to your scars also without stamping. Apply it every second or third day. Initially, it will make the skin red and dry so moisturize it with either Infadolan or some oil.

Tretinoin helps but it has to be used long-term and it can make the skin red and a bit irritated so do not give up - continue. You can reduce the frequency of application if the skin gets too irritated.

You can apply Tretinoin after rolling with the 0.5 mm but dermarolling greatly enhances absorption of skin products so it may make Tretinoin too irritating. If it does, apply it on the days when you do not roll.

Do not use Tretinoin if pregnant, planning the pregnancy or breastfeeding.

If some of your scars are raised, do the pressure massage on them after stamping but do not do the pressure massage if the scars are not raised. The massage is described here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/what-to-do-about-hypertrophic-scars/

Please let us know how things are going for you after about four months.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:29:19 PM by SarahVaughter »