Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: First-timer used 1mm on face, neck & chest easily  (Read 5824 times)

TabbyLove

First-timer used 1mm on face, neck & chest easily
« on: November 02, 2012, 06:06:20 AM »
I know it is recommended to start with the 5mm roller on the face but I am motivated. I am a hypnotherapist skilled in the use on hypnotic anesthesia so pain was not a factor. I started with my chin (which is my most wrinkled area) and immediately began to worry if I was pushing hard enough. I wonder if this is an issue with those using numbing cream? I decided to keep the pressure medium, thinking I don't need to try to accomplish too much the first time. I did the top lip next and it felt a bit prickly- less than applying vitamin c. I soon had an issue where I could not stretch the skin taught because the surrounding areas had already been treated. I also easily lost count of passes and wasn't sure if I was under- or over- doing it. I tried to err on the side of under. I rolled just under my eyebrows, pulling the skin well up onto the bone part. This part stung a bit and caused my eyes to water. I was loosing concentration on my hypno-anesthesia by then but still quite comfortable.  My husband wandered in and asked if those needles were actually sinking in and I told him I really couldn't be sure- it didn't feel like it. I asked him to watch closely and tell me if the roller plastic was against my skin. He said it was.
When I rolled over my collarbone acupoint (just either side of the dip in he middle), I got a bit woozy and had to sit down. I wonder if this is a known phenomenon? When I stood back up and resumed, it happened again a little bit. Since this is a known acupuncture point, I realize there are workings of the body playing a factor. It wasn't a big deal or I would have asked my husband to help (because it is sun damaged).
My final issue was trying to sleep on my back. I tried everything but woke up on my side- with my chest wrinkles looking WORSE! :-(  I'll be working on this issue.

Tonight- I use a 2mm roller on my stomach! So excited! Again, I know 1.5mm is recommended to start, but I am sure pain factor plays a part to that, which does not concern me. I know doctors use 3mm on the face so how bad can 2mm on excess stomach skin be?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: First-timer used 1mm on face, neck & chest easily
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »
The skin is temporarily dry and rough after dermarolling and for this reason, the wrinkles may look temporarily worse. You have to keep the skin moisturized as much as possible after rolling.

I cannot roll or stamp the area above my upper lip without using a numbing cream. Anywhere else I can. It is painful, but bearably so.

You can certainly use a 2 mm dermaroller to treat the lost elasticity skin on the stomach. Dermarolling can tighten the skin to a certain extent but if you have lots of excessive skin or if the abdominal muscles did not go complete back to their original position after pregnancy and they bulge, it needs plastic surgery.