Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Post dermarolling product application  (Read 8879 times)

industrious albs

• Forum member
Post dermarolling product application
« on: November 18, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
Hi Sarah,
After conducting research on this topic within this forum I just wanted to ascertain the best aftercare product regime that will both improve my rolling & icepick scars & utilise products I currently own.
So on the days I roll with .5, I apply both Vit C & Hyaluronic then Infadol (I'm in Australia so need to confirm I can buy this) or Emu oil? Could I also alternate with Copper Peps on rolling days too, or is best to use CPs on non rolling days? Also, on non rolling days I should also be applying Retin A? I currently have a prescription .05% cream.
Then every 3 weeks I will use my 1.5 roller. If there is bleeding do I wash my face with something first before applying anything else? If so, what do you suggest? Then I apply Infadol only, or what would be the most beneficial topical to apply at this point?
Also, what is your opinion on vitamin e capsules, pierced & applied directly to the skin? and when should it be applied?
Thanks so much for any advice you can give, after spending thousands on Fraxel & now hundreds on products, it is refreshing to have found your site & honest advice & opinions, think it will make my product purchases much easier & more informed in the future  ;D

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Post dermarolling product application
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »
In case of serious scars, it is always advisable to combine dermarolling with a 1.5 mm or a 2 mm dermastamp. You can use it during the same session with your 1.5 mm dermarollings.

Skin products are helpful for optimal collagen production and healing but the microneedling itself is the most important factor to improve scars.

Since you have the rolling type of scars, consider the suction method:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars

Some info how to combine the products is here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/best-skin-care-routine/

Vit. E capsules are OK but the studies about vit. E and healing did not confirm that vit. E contributes to faster or better healing.

The more is not always the better, so do not apply all products simultaneously. Alternating them is a better idea.

You can keep the skin moisturized after rolling with Emu oil.

Yes, apply the Retin A (without rolling). Vit. A is sensitive to sunlight, thus your skin may be depleted of vit. A as you live in a very sunny country.

If your face is bleeding, you can wash it off with tap water.

If you spent thousands on Fraxel laser and it had no effect, I am not sure microneedling will work miracles for you because they work in a similar way:

https://http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/how-dermarolling-works/

It is always worth trying and it is important not to give up too soon because it can take a long time to achieve improvement.

industrious albs

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:10:57 AM »
Hi Sarah,
Thanks so much for your help & speedy reply. I have learnt so much from reading the information contained here on your site! I have decided to purchase the suction pump & dermastamp also. I will also be purchasing some of your CP masks after discovering through your advice to others that a CP product I have already purchased (and paid $40 in postage for from the US) is inferior.
Whilst this is disappointing, I'm just grateful to have found your site and now feel I will be able to obtain advice & products I can trust. So thank-you!
Many people say my scars 'aren't even that bad' & 'hardly noticeable', but they have & do affect my confidence in a huge way so I am planning on taking some progress photos & posting them on here over the next 12 months to assist anyone else who feels the same.

Also, I just have a question regarding chemical peels. Is there a way to incorporate Lactic & TCA Acid peels into my regime? I was also under the impression that TCA cross would be an efficient method in 'fillling in' icepick scars. However, I've read on your forum that single needling is also a good method as it breaks down the scar wall but can then also make the scar wider but not as deep. Is there a way that single needling can be complemented with TCA to improve the appearance & subsequent healing of icepick scars more quickly?

Thanks again Sarah for any help you can give, it is greatly appreciated.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:05:27 PM »
You can perform the TCA peel in between your 1.5 mm dermarolling sessions.
Do not dermaroll with your 0.5 mm roller until the skin is healed from the peel.

Initially, the single needle collapses the scar tissue of an ice pick scar and after that continue needling it to fill the scar in. Do a test patch on
one scar.

I do not think it is a good idea to combine TCA cross method and microneedling on the same scars, at least not in less than four months from
each other.

At first, perform the TCA cross on one scar only to see how the scar reacts (will it not get worse?) but be patient. It can take a long time for the results to show and the same is valid for microneedling.

Scars are a difficult problem and what works for one person, doesn't necessarily work the other so you can use a single needle or a dermastamp on one side of your face and the TCA cross on the other to see what works better for you.  If they both work for you, you can combine them but wait at least four months after needling with the TCA cross method application.

industrious albs

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »
Thanks so much Sarah!  ;D
Great advice and I will do just that (eg. Try both methods on either side) to see what's best.

One last question for now.. I purchased the Medic8 titanium .25 roller last year for about $150 AUD. And also a 'Prickles' 1.5 about 3 months ago for about $35 AUD prior to discovering your website..
Is there anything you know about either of these regarding quality?
My plan is to only purchase my replacement rollers from you in the future, but will do so earlier if you are aware of any reasons why either of these are no good.

Again, thanks SO MUCH Sarah!! You are helping so many people with your well informed and generous advice! I feel so lucky to have stumbled onto your website and am feeling much more positive about my skin.
THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!  ;)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »
No dermaroller in the world is worth even half that amount, so the price/quality of that roller is outrageously bad.

I have written in the past that any dermaroller that costs more than 50 dollars is to be regarded as a scam. I even think that Dr. Roller, a roller we sell ourselves, is too expensive. It is the best roller available, but I think the manufacturer makes a hefty profit. Above that price, there really can't be any improvement, since Dr. Roller is perfect.

For the rest - you can judge the quality best since you own one. We do not test crazy expensive rollers, since they're definitely not worth the money. It's like paying $100 for a hamburger. No matter how good the hamburger, it's not worth that much money.

I do not believe the Medic8 is as good as Dr. Roller, becasue Dr. Roller is made in South Korea and just about all other rollers in China. But as I said, I haven't tested that model.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:17:25 PM by SarahVaughter »