Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Acne Scar and Hyperpigment Treatment  (Read 10793 times)

Romeo0119

• Forum member
Acne Scar and Hyperpigment Treatment
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:16:04 PM »
Hello Sarah,

So I've just discover derma rolling about a month ago, I've always have acne here and there and I've scaring on my face due to the fact. Now I've been on Tretinoin 0.1 for about 2 months before I found out about derma rolling. I now have a 1.5mm and a .5mm derma roller, I use the .5mm about 3 times a week, the last time I've used my 1.5mm is about 3 weeks ago. I'm also using a Vit C and E serum (3 times a week)in conjunction with the Tretinoin cream which I use every night, and sunblock moisturizer every day. What else do I need to do to get rid of my scars and bumps on my face? I've attach a few pictures that I took today. Thanks for your help

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Acne Scar and Hyperpigment Treatment
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »
Honestly, I do not think you need or can do more than you already do. Your microneedling routine is good and you have to be patient and continue.  Your skin is not irritated after daily application of high percentage Tretinoin which is quite rare.

If your red spots are infected/painful, you could try an OTC antibiotic cream or occasionally apply Betadine (a strong disinfectant).  Buy either Betadine liquid or Betadine cream, not Betadine ointment because an ointment could trigger breakouts. Acne is not caused by bacteria but sometimes bacterial infections coexist in acne affected skin.

Concerning your scars, if they do not improve in about eight months, add a 1.5 mm dermastamp (the one with 35 needles) to your 1.5 mm dermarolling sessions. Stamp the scars and then roll the whole area.

Romeo0119

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »
Thank you Sarah for the advice, I still occasionally get one or two pimple here and there, not sure if its because of the tretinoin or of my sunblock blocking the pores, should I do any exfoliation on my skin would be my other question

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
No, I do not think so. Tretinoin speeds up the turnover of the skin and thus exfoliates it and you do not seem to have blocked pores (blackheads or whiteheads). Dermarolling also exfoliates skin.

The more is not always the better..

Romeo0119

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »
Also I was doing some research on copper peptide, should I incoporate that into my routine, and just use the vit c, tretinoin and copper peptide on alternate days? Or am I over doing if I was to start using copper peptide?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
I think that your current routine is sufficient and you do not have to add copper peptides.