Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: I just did the dermaroller for the first time  (Read 67107 times)

Anna

I just did the dermaroller for the first time
« on: December 03, 2010, 11:03:20 PM »
and it went pretty smooth! :D I was scared and nervous at first but I did it anyway and without numbing cream, although it did hurt quite a bit around the mouth area so I would deffinitely use the numbing cream on there next time. I used the 1.5 length and I rolled the entire face and got a few dots of blood but that was it it actually wasn't unbearable and right now my face looks like I have a sunburn. Afterwards I applied the infadolan cream even though I was worried about my oily skin, and surprisingly it felt sooooo good on the skin right afterwards It was very soothing and glided nicely over the skin so this is all I will be using for the next week. Anyway so far so good I'm very happy with the whole process I can't wait till I get to do it again in a month :D and I will update you guys in the next few days too

Anna

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »
so I rolled my face friday night and immediately after rolling my face was very red like I had a bad suburn and I had a few pinpoint dots of blood mainly on my forehead. Yesterday it was slightly pink barely noticeable and today I have no redness whatsoever and no peeling. Hmmm... Although I'm glad I look presentable  and don't have to be homebound all weekend like I though I was going to be I am wondering if perhaps I did it right? Or if I applied enough pressure when rolling? Or maybe I just heal fast. Any thoughts on this Sarah?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:48:25 PM »
I can roll my entire face without using EMLA with the exception of the area around the mouth.

Everything you describe is perfectly normal for rolling with 1.5 mm. The skin gets very red immediately after rolling and ever so mildly red the next day. Peeling comes days later and this might be unnoticeable. The skin is a bit rough and dry for several days after dermarolling while the skin is being renewed. Protect it from the sun and keep it moisturized. Everything is fine from what you described. Do not expect to see any results after the first rolling, you have to be patient.  It takes time.

Anna

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »
thanks again Sarah I was worried if I did it right because this is the first time I've done this kinda thing and I'm  not expecting miracles after the first one but I sure will be doing this once a month for a year and can't wait to see the outcome. This is probably the best thing they could have come up with and effective obviously judging from all the before and afters I've seen. I'm so excited! :D

Anna

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »
oh and me too I didn't use any numbing cream at all but I have to say by the mouth area it did hurt more than the rest of the face. But it wasn't bad at all it was just a mild stinging sensation thank god cus I can't tolerate pain very well

kakalakingma

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
Oh my goodness, you are so brave! I bought the numbing cream. Hmm, I wonder if I should try it first without the numbing cream to see if it hurts that bad. I don't want to start my derma rolling until I get my acne breakout under control. Please post up more updates.

Anna

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
it really wasnt bad at all at first my plan was to try a small area and see how much it hurts and if it was untolerable I would stop and order the numbing cream but it was not bad at all it was a mild stinging sensation and as soon as you're done rolling it goes away except a few spots where I applied a little more pressure than the rest those stung a little like a sunburn for a few hours. But yeahh all in all 3 days later I can see a little dryness, kindsa like scabbing but very small in some areas and I'm still putting on the infadolan. I have no redness at all I'm pretty happy so far

kakalakingma

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 09:50:42 AM »
I just hope I have as good a pain threshold as you, Anna. What about your neck, did you roll there? did it hurt? Oouu, just thinking about the needling puncturing my skin and making that sound just... yikes!!!! Good thing I bought the numbing cream JUST IN CASE

Anna

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »
yes I did use it on my upper neck and it did just fine. It's really not that big of a deal all those horror stories about your akin popping, it's pretty blown out of proportion. I found the experience to be very good and not half as dramatic as some people seem to make it out to be.

Shebandre

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 11:56:11 PM »
I got brave and rolled, too.  After looking at the needles (1.5) I decided to try it on my arm first.  All went well, and it did not hurt, so I preceded to do my face and neck.  The neck area was not painful in the least.  I did not push very hard; I just used gentle pressure.  It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  My skin is a beautiful (LOL!) bright pink. I look very festive!

I have numbing cream, but decided not to use it.  I wanted to feel how deep that I was going into my skin.  I don't think that I will need it.

I am going to read more to see if I can use make-up tomorrow.  

Shebandre

kakalakingma

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34:58 AM »
We have some brave female users of the derma roller! I am thinking: why did i buy the numbing cream!?

Anna

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »
I would wait a couple of days to use makeup if I were you that's what Sarah reccomends in the dermarolling guide. But yeah I didn't use the numbing cream either because I wanted to see if I did it right because I'm sure if it didn't hurt at all then I probably didn't go deep enough and with the skin being numb you can't tell

kakalakingma

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
This might be a stupid question, but you use a mirror to monitor where you roll, right?

Anna

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 08:29:43 AM »
it's been a week now I'm still applying the infadolan and nothing else. My skin was a little dry and flaky, though I'm not positive if it was due to dermarolling or cold weather. Anyway though looking good so far.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
Dry and flaky skin is normal several days after dermarolling because the skin is being renewed. It is basically a deep peeling.