Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Best Skin Care Routine  (Read 115184 times)

gracek

Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »
I was under the impression copper peptides have to be used  with exfoliation to be effective.  Even if I don't use a derma roller every day will I still benefit from the copper peptides? What if I am rolling only a few times a week?

What about the uglies with Copper Peptides? Have you  ever heard of it?

Something I have been doing is increasing the spider veins on my cheeks. Will any of the products you sell or the rolling improve them or make them worse?

Sorry if these are questions you have answered many times. I am working through this this entire forum but I am on information overload I think.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 03:46:51 PM »
Copper peptides can be applied with and without dermarolling. You do not have to apply them every day.

Start slowly with copper peptides. You will see how your skin reacts.

From our experience, dermarolling/stamping/needling neither improved nor worsened spider veins. You should have a vascular laser done.  The laser heats up the veins and that seals them.

Several sessions are usually necessary and the spider veins may re-appear.

Theoretically, the A-Ret could make the spider veins worse, especially if overused.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:03:01 AM by SarahVaughter »

Snubs01

Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 12:40:47 AM »
Sarah - Thanks for the daily routine suggestions. Very helpful! I am brand new to dermarolling so I had a couple of questions about diving into a new routine. First, I usually cleanse my face at night with a Clarisonic to make sure I remove all my mineral makeup. Can I still use this device now that I'm rolling? I am rolling 3 - 4 times per week with a .3mm roller. Also, my already dry skin is now flaking constantly. Is there a safe way to exfoliate? I used to do an aspirin mask/scrub a couple times per week for great exfoliation but now I'm wondering if it is even advised to roll the dead skin off in the shower using my fingertips. How aggressive can I wash and exfoliate my skin without damaging the healing process taking place from rolling?

One more thing. I've thought about adding hyaluronic acid to increase the moisture level in my skin. What are your thought on this? And what about hydroquinone for melasma? Where should that fit in?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
Dermarolling triggers skin renewal and the old skin flakes off. You can exfoliate with Clarisonic but if you use it every day, it would be wise to reduce the frequency of dermarolling to prevent excessive skin flaking.

There is no problem with any kind of exfoliation while using a dermaroller but it is not really good for the skin in general (dermarolling or not) to overdo the frequency of exfoliation. Exfoliation removes the protective oily film that is normally on your skin. The skin slowly renews this, but overexfoliated skin becomes dry. Unless you have acne-prone, oily skin or you are 60+ years old, there is no reason to exfoliate every day.

If your skin is flaking, remove the flakes in the shower, then sprinkle a cotton pad with tap water and a little almond oil and clean your face with it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:03:21 AM by SarahVaughter »

Snubs01

Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 08:31:30 AM »
I do tend to over exfoliate. I am constantly fighting the flakies since I entered my 40's, and since I'm acne-prone those flakies are dangerous! That's why I inquired about adding hyaluronic acid to increase my skin's moisture level (see my above post). Any thoughts? I feel like I need hydroquinone, too, but I'm afraid of overdoing it with the products...

Thomi

• Forum member
Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »
Dear Sarah,

Before I start, I feel I should thank you for all the useful and extensive  information you give about skin care.

I am about to order dermaroller and dermaneedling essentials but I am a little concerned about the timing since summer has begun. At this point I should mention that I live in a mediterranean country where avoiding the sun is almost impossible.

So I would like to ask:

Is the skin regimen described in this thread suitable for the summer months?

Should I wait until autumn to start therapy?

Can I fully rely on sunscreen creams if I start dermarolling care now?

And another question...

Can I combine two rollers, I am thinking 0.5 mm for my weekly care and 1 mm for the monthly collagen induction therapy

Thank you in advance

I look forward to your reply

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »
Yes, you can definitely roll with short needles in between the sessions with long needled dermarollers.

If you spend lots of time outside and you are not so much in a hurry to start rolling your face, starting after the summer would suit better. It is not absolutely necessary, it is just wiser if you live in a country where it is very sunny throughout summer. Sun = bad, basically. It's essential for a healthy viramin D level, but for the rest you should avoid it like the plague, if you want to keep your skin looking young. All those invasive skin procedures (acid peels, laser etc.) come with a need to avoid sunshine afterwards.

alcoen

Re: Best Skin Care Routine
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 10:40:36 PM »
I am rolling with the 1.5mm on my face. I just bought the copper peptide serum that you sell.  How do I incorporate that into my routine with the vitamin C,  Adapalene .1%, infadolan, and moisturizer?   Also, I put the Adapalene gel on after I roll and it doesn't seem to hurt.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:17:45 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »
Do not apply copper peptides on the days that you apply vit. C or Adapalen.
Our copper peptide serum should be applied separately. You can apply them after dermarolling but it will sting because they contains hyaluronic acid.

Adapalen is a retinoid but not all retinoids are acidic. Tretinoin (retinoic acid) is the most potent retinoid however it is acidic and it slightly
stings when applied after dermarolling, especially on the face. We have customers who apply Tretinoin right after rolling and they do not feel any significant stinging. Others do.

CaliSubcision

• Forum member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I'm following this routine, I also bought the 1.5 mm roller and the Dr. Numb cream but i dont see any instructions on how to integrate this into the routine.

What kind of soap do you recommend to wash off Numb Cream with? 

Use hot water?

Safe to roll right away?

Thanks,

CG

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
No soap needed. Wash it off with water (any temperature). You can use a cotton pad. Start rolling straight away because the numbing cream will numb the skin for about 20 minutes.

Lasse

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »
Can one use "Copper peptide + Hyaluronic acid serum". on the day, or does it make the skin sensitivte to sunlight? Soo that one can only apply it before bed?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28:41 PM »
No it does not cause sensitivity to light, otherwise we would have mentioned that in the store and in our instructions.

Essie

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
This is a great post!  Thank you Sarah!  I just put in my first order, and I am excited.
I bought what you suggested, the 1mm roller and the single needles.
And since I currently use an 0.25 stamp, and I couldn't find one on the website, I order myself a 0.5 stamp...to stamp a little bit during the week and in between the 1mm rolling.  Hope it is ok if I do this?  I am doing this for forehead wrinkles.

In the meantime I have printed this post for ease of reference!
Thank you Sarah.

Best
Essie