Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: after dermarolling 1,5 roller myskins feels tight and strechy  (Read 13657 times)

missy

after dermarolling 1,5 roller myskins feels tight and strechy
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
I dermarolled my face today with 1,5 dermaroller. It did hurt really bad even thoght i justed numblingream (xylocain). Is it suppose to bleed? because I didt bleed at all, and I wonder if i did it the right why sice i dident bleed? Its 7 hours since i dermarolled my face and its read and a bit swollen, it feels tight, (like you have dry skin) and When I go out in could air its like my face is very sensitive to the winds.

I just want to know if my symptoms are right?

and what to do whit my dry, read, and a bit swolen face?

Thank for a great website :-)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
Everything you describe is completely normal. The skin is temporarily dry, sensitive and feels tight after dermarolling, especially after dermarolling with long needles. You have to keep the rolled skin very much moisturized (for example with almond oil). No, dermarolling doesn't have to draw blood.

Over the counter numbing creams such as EMLA or Xylocaine contain a too low percentage of Lidocaine to completely numb the skin. It only reduces the pain. Higher percentages can only be administered by licensed medical staff.

missy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:40:23 AM »
This is how I looked like 3 min after dermarolling. As you can see, I could not dermaroll  the place between the upperlip and the nose, it was to hurtful, and that is why it is not red. I dermrolled bacause i have a lot of frekles and tiny litle wrinkles in the mouthcorner and eyes, and I also have a boring skin to - looks grey and tires. I hope to get rit of it.

When can I start dermarol againg with 1,5ml? is it every 4 week? and how many 4 weeks do I have to dermaroll before getting results?

is it ok to dermaroll with 1,5 around eyes (not to close ad the eyeball) and neck?

thanks again :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:01:13 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
>As you can see, I could not dermaroll the place between the upperlip and the nose,

>it was to hurtful

It sure is, isn't it... I can roll anywhere on my face and body without a numbing cream with the exception of above and around the lips. I use a numbing cream there.

>I dermrolled bacause i have a lot of frekles and tiny litle wrinkles in the

>mouthcorner and eyes, and I also have a boring skin to - looks grey and tires. I

>hope to get rit of it.

I think the freckles suit you! It can't be gleaned from the photo but if the skin on your face looks like the peachy smooth skin on your décolleté, you could be a skin model.

The pigment that makes the color of our skin is called melanin. It is produced by cells called melanocytes that are at the bottom of the epidermis. Freckles are basically small areas of skin that contain more melanin than the freckle-free rest of the skin.

It is unknown why the skin produces more melanin in certain areas. You cannot prevent melanocytes overproducing melanin but you can reduce the amount of melanin in your skin by for example melanin inhibitors (some have side effects with prolonged use), acid peels etc.

Melanin is our natural UV filter and the skin produces more upon the sun exposure. Melanin-related pigmentations (which is majority of pigmentations) reappear upon the sun exposure.

Dermarolling will not get rid of freckles. It may make them lighter. Rolling frequently with short-needled dermaroller is likely the most efficient for this purpose because it speeds up the turnover of the epidermis.

Your melanocytes will however continue with overproducing melanin in those areas and some kind of lifetime maintenance and meticulous sun protection is necessary.

You can also try a pigmentation laser. The light from the laser is absorbed by melanin pigment. The absorbed light heats the melanin up and thus destroys it.

>When can I start dermarol againg with 1,5ml? is it every 4 week? and how many 4

>weeks do I have to dermaroll before getting results?

You can roll again in three weeks. It is difficult to give a precise answer concerning the results. Some people see improvement already after the first rolling, some after half year or rolling.  Those with acne scars often see improvements only after a year and a half of rolling.  

>is it ok to dermaroll with 1,5 around eyes (not to close ad the eyeball) and neck?

It is, as long as you keep this rule. My answer is #3:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Can-I-use-a-Dermaroller-on-this-area-under-the-eye

missy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »
Thank for aswering my questions :-) I thinhk my skins alreay shows  improvments:-) I dont know if it is the infadol cream or it it is the dermarolling whu has already maked some results. My skins looks more fresh and specielly around the eyearea I see some results. My dark circles/puffines is more even. Its like my puffines and circles under the eyes looks difrent. Hard to descibe, but its like dermarolling has plummed my skin (like a filler of resylane or something)  Ofcource I still have dark circles and puffines under the eyes, it is not totally gone, but ther has deffently benn some improvements already. I will upload some pictures before and after when I see more results.  

So now I have to wait 3-4 weeks to dermarool againg (thinhk it is a long time to wait :-)? I have the short one 0.25 ml dermaroller, can I dermaroll with this in the meantime? what do you think? any advices or must tryes :-)? or do I have to wait 3-4 weeks?

I really would like to try the tretinoincream, but I am not shure if it it can be send to Denmark?

best Regards Missy .-)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:16:53 AM »
You should wait three weeks before you roll again with the 1.5 mm dermaroller.

You can roll every second day with the 0.2 mm dermaroller in between rolling with 1.5 mm.  If the skin gets irritated, reduce the frequency of rolling.

When we have our own Tretinoin cream (hopefully at the end of January) we can send it to Denmark and any other EU country (or anywhere else in the world).