Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Evenly Spread Acne Scars - enormous improvement  (Read 97719 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Evenly Spread Acne Scars - enormous improvement
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 06:46:10 PM »
I wish I knew why some achieve incredible results with dermaneedling and some get no results.

Also, just like any other method, dermaneedling does not improve 100% of skin conditions in 100% of cases. From my own experience, the wrinkles above my upper lip and the wrinkles in between my eyebrows (the so called 11's) improved tremendously after regular dermaneedling, whereas my crows' feet have not responded almost at all. Which wrinkles or scars respond is very individual.

cobain_justinsane

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 12:13:19 AM »
Hey Cesar:

I am about to begin dermarolling/stamping.

I have noticed you have had amazing results and was wondering if you could give me some tips on your protocol.

How did you stamp (what sort of patter/technique) did you use on the scars? How Long was the needle?
Same question applies to the dermastamp.

Also what techniques did you use on your forehead scars, and also what needle and roller lengths did you use?

Thanks for any advice

Andy

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 12:57:48 AM »
Hi Andy, I did everything accoring to Sarah's guidelines.  I stamped all of my scars first with the Dermastamp before I roll.  I do that because the scars are easier to see.  I'm a bit aggressive with my stamping.  I use a 2.0 mm stamp and roller.  I'd stamp about 12 times for deep scars.  I have a deeper scar on my forehead that I stamp a bit more since that one needs much more collagen to fill that scar.  AFterwards I roll with with my 2.0 dermaroller about 12 times in each direction.  Throughout the month, I use vitamin C and retin-a on alternate days. 

THe only part that I've deivated outside of the recommendations is that I use Hyaluronic Acid instead of Infadolin because this allows me to use it for many more days and throughout the day as opposed to Infadolin which I can really only use in private because of it' greasy nature.  I also chose HA because it's better for oily skin.  Sarah sells HA with Copper Peptides in the webstore.  I've been stamping for about a year and 3 months now and i'm pleased with the results.  I still have acne scars but tehy are very very shallow except for my temples. My temples are taking longer to fill in than I would like.

NoMoScars

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 01:49:32 PM »
Hi Cesamaddict!

I have read your postings several times for tips on how to go about treating my acne scars. I'm also a former smoker and immediately noticed a much more "healthier" looking skin tone after quitting :) I am now working on trying to "fill in" a few box car and ice picks that are more shallow but stil annoy me quite a bit :(

If you would be so kind to answer a few questions for me would be awesome. Now that you've achieved such amazing improvements with your scars, how are you treating your shallower marks/scars? Are you still rolling then stamping and using Ret-A afterwards? How did you incorporate the TCA peels? I have both TCA (12.5%) and lactic acid (40%) that I'd also like to use to clean up my skin a bit during my treatment.

Sorry for all the questions but with the great results you've achieved I definitely want to learn as much as I can to achieve the same!

Thank you in adavance and please continue to post you are extremely encouraging :)

Happy Healing!

NoMoScars

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »
I havent changed my routine. I'm still rolling and stamping at 2.0. My temple areas still need big improvent but I am trying to be consistent. I still put the Retin A on afterwards. I haven't done the TCA in a while though because the past peels and use of the Retin A has pretty much left me very even toned. Ive never used the Lactic Acid peel but the TCA is great. You shouldnt use it if you haven't been pre treating with Retin A. Id also suggest to stick to just the Retin A for the time being since summer is here and you are more likely to have sun damage as compared to the other times of year. Also, chemical peels can be very traumatizing so you should maybe consider purchasing a 0.5 mm roller from the webshop to speed up cell turnover. I also find on days that I use the vitamin C serum that my skin is left looking very healthy and even toned.

It's been a long road for me but I'm still going at it. Patience is key. After a while, the time gets easier to deal with. Ill be posting updated pics soon

NoMoScars

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
Oh wow thank you for the quick response!

I've been meaning to add a 0.5mm to my arsenal of supplies. I'm going to go ahead and buy one and use it weekly in between my monthly treatments with the longer needles. Will also purchase the retin a to see if it'll help to fill in some of the scars a little. Will hold off on the peels for now since I never thought about sun damage, thanks for the tip.

Ok, I think I'm good for now. Btw I'm also documenting my progress and praying my scars will improve. I'm only 2 months in so I only have a few pics posted.

Will continue to look for your updates from time to time and thank you again. Have a great summer :)

aruala43

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »
Hi Cesar! When you say that you roll 12 times in each direction specifically what does that mean? I know you are suppose to roll your face in a go down lift up move over repeat vertically and horizontally. Do you do the vertical rolling 12 times and the horizontal rolling 12 times? Do you use a numbing cream or just go without. This is my first time and I have acne scarring although not as severe as you, mine is really more on a few spots on my cheeks. I am going to do the stamp method along with it. What does your skin look like after you have stamped and rolled? Can you go out the day of or the next day without there being any redness or bloody spots? Does it cause bruising? Any information will be helpful. Thank you!

aruala43

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
Also what type of roller do you use the owndoc or the other? What size roller the narrow or wide one?

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013, 11:52:58 AM »
The Owndoc, the wide one. Im getting ready to buy a dermajet though as soon as the US version is back in stock.

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »
16 month update.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 06:22:48 AM »
Thank you very much for you update. All I can say is WOW! Your effort was well worth it.

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »
These results are definitely a Wow! You wouldn't even know you ever had acne scars at all. Definitely encourages me to keep going on a couple of rather persistent scars. Those little *&^%& have now met their match!

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:21 AM »
The time frame definitely gets easier as time passes.  I remember the first time I stood in front of the mirror and thought to myself wow, this is going to take a year or more (which it has), it was very intimidating.  As time went on however, it just became part of my skin regimen..All of the effort is worth it in the end.  Just keep at it and you will definitely see results. Thank you for your compliment

NoMoScars

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2013, 08:16:02 PM »
Way to go on such awesome improvement!!

I've improved some of my scars as well but wondering do you think that the skin ever "stops" improving? Or scars just fills in to a certain point and just stops :-\

I was reading another board on acne scars and came across this bit of disappointing information. But from the looks of your photos it appears that that info may not be 100% accurate and it totally depends on the individual.

I'm only around 5 months or so in to treatment but for results like yours I'll definitely continue to needle for a year or more or however long it takes ;)

Keep up the good work!

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »
Thanks for your compliment.  I personally have been doing it now since February of 2012 which means I've been doing it for the past 20 months.  I'm not exactly where I want it to be but it has improved greatly.  I think it improves little by little each time you do it.  Do I think it'll ever look "perfect", I don't know, but it will look much better.  In certain angles in the light u can still see every scar that I have, but they are much flatter scars.  If I were standing in front of someone talking to them in normal lighting, they may not notice them.  It's the harsh light that exposes them mostly.  I am still working on them myself but I don't plan on stopping rolling ever.  I figure this way, the scars will eventually all look normal, and I'll keep my skin as wrinkle free and healthy as I possibly can.